Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 31, 2014

REFLECTION

I will admit I started to lose my momentum about two weeks ago during the mid-terms. The frustration that I have been experiencing in my attempt to comprehend math is the direct reason for this loss in motivation. I’m just not getting it!
The biggest mistake that I have made this semester is enrolling into math as a “Distance Education Course,” which means, the course is conducted entirely online. I have learned that math is one of those subjects that should be taken in a classroom. It is ludicrous to think otherwise, at least this is the situation in my case. I have decided that I will definitely have to reinforce my math skills by reviewing the math formulas on a daily basis, although there must be hundreds of them. Maybe I am exaggerating, or am I?
Although I have become a little discouraged in math, my motivation remains strong in the other three courses I have this semester, two of them of which, are in business. I am very comfortable and have extensive knowledge in business; therefore, my business courses keep me motivated to achieve my goals in getting a business degree for my future, which keeps my motivation thriving.
There is just one other course I am enrolled this semester and that is Read 096. What keeps my motivation so strong in reading is due to good teaching. I sincerely mean this from the bottom of my heart. The instructor who teaches Reaad 096 is Ms. Bogan and she not only motivates her students, but she teaches her students how to learn as well. Ms. Bogan has a true passion for teaching and it is a great thing to see. I am fortunate to have the chance to be a student in one of her courses.
Unfortunately, you can’t get the same motivation from an online math course. You are basically learning from a computer. Even though I will do everything possible to regain my motivation in math by using time management skills, applying what I have learned and review… review… review…. All skills that I have learned this semester in Ms. Bogan’s Read 096 course.
In closing, next time I am contemplating on taking a course, I will definitely weigh the pros and cons on whether to take the course online or on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment